Theotokos, Smolensk

Theotokos, Smolensk
Click To Enlarge
  • Item #: X10
Theotokos, Smolensk- It is widely believed that the Emperor Constantine Porphyrogenitos blessed his daughter, Anna, with this icon when she was given in marriage to Prince Vsevolod Yaroslavovich of Chernigov in 1046. It was later enshrined in the Dormition Cathedral that he built in Smolensk. From that time it was known as the Smolensk Icon of the Mother of God. In 1239 Smolensk was invaded by the Khan Batu of the Tartars. He was camped a short distance from the city and was preparing for an attack.
  * Marked fields are required.
Qty*
Price $20.00